Military Garden Flag
It is hard or even impossible to find a person who has never heard about the United States Armed Forces. Be it history lessons or popular culture references (like movies, TV shows, video games, comic books, or novels), you have probably come across their bravery, dedication, and numerous accomplishments that have strongly influenced the world as we know it today.
The Branches of the United States Military
There are six branches of the U.S. Armed Forces now, and each of them has its own unique missions, overall contributing to the security, peace, and freedom of our country. Here are their main functions:
- Army and Army Reserve - It is the United States’ primary land force. In general, the Army goes to an area, secures it, and instills order and values before leaving. Moreover, it guards American properties and installations all over the world.
- Air Force and Air Force Reserve - That is the American source of air and space power. Their main task is to fly planes, satellites, and helicopters.
- Navy and Navy Reserve - The Navy is focused mostly on missions on the sea, but it also sometimes takes care of tasks on land or in the air. It secures the seas to be safe for trade and travel and protects the oceans across the world to keep them peaceful and stable.
- Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserve - It is often referred to as the United States’ rapid-reaction force. Those troops receive both the sea and land-fighting training, and they are typically the first “boots on the ground.” They are also frequently considered to be the world’s fiercest fighters.
- Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserve - This force takes care of the domestic waterways mostly. Its missions include rescues, waterways clearance, drug prevention, and law enforcement.
- Space Force - It is the most recently created military branch in the United States, as it was signed into law at the end of 2019. It does not yet have a reserve component. It is still in development, but for now, its most important missions are to "provide freedom of operation for the United States in, from, and to space" and "provide prompt and sustained space operations.”
Today, military men and women from the U.S. Armed Forces are stationed in over 100 countries including Germany, Italy, the UK, Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Australia, and South Korea, to name but a few.
The Pride in Being in the U.S. Armed Forces
Both active and retired soldiers are usually very proud of their contribution to our country’s well-being. While the former ones can express it by wearing their uniforms daily, the latter ones often miss having such an opportunity.
However, there are other ways to show that you have served the United States! One of the easiest ones is to order gear and apparel from our online store. It can be, for example, a personalized military garden flag that you can place on your lawn. As a result, every person who visits you or at least just passes your house by will know it is a place where a veteran lives. It may make them respect you more and think about the military’s significance for the USA.
Apart from a military garden flag, you can also find loads of other products to buy, including hats, neckties, T shirts, mugs, rings, canvas, seat covers, dog tags, and more. Browse them all and see how you can emphasize your patriotism and your vital service!
What’s more, it is worth knowing that we have prepared many products for military wives, moms, sons, etc., so if you are a supportive child, parent, or spouse, you can find something to express your appreciation for your loved one as well!